Email: click here to contact
Or send an email to: [email protected]
Estate and Tax Planning Law; Estate Administration; Guardianship; Asset Protection; Trusts and Estates; Wills; Probate; Orphans Court Litigation; Real Estate Law; Corporate Law; Business Law
Admitted: 1976, Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania and U.S. Supreme Court
Law School: Widener University, J.D., 1976
College: Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1972
Member: Delaware County Bar Association (Member 1980 —; Board of Directors, 1992-1994; 2005-2007); Chairman, Orphans’ Court Education Committee, 1989-1997, 2002; Chairman, Orphans’ Court Rules Committee, 1987-1989, 1996-2002); Philadelphia Metropolitan Five County Coordinating Committee (Delaware County Representative 1994-2002); Delaware County Civil Justice Advisory Committee, 1999-2001; Delaware County Attorney-CPA Forum, 1980-1996; Montgomery County Bar Association, 1978-1980. Delaware County Estate Planning Council (1980; Executive Board 1984-1999; 2008 -present; President 1990-1991); Delta Theta Phi, Legal Fraternity (Daniel Wolcott Scholarship Keys 1975-1976); Pennsylvania and American (Member, Probate and Trust Law Section) Bar Associations.
Biography: Adjunct Professor, Widener University, 1983-1991; Faculty, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Statewide Drafting Seminar, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001; Drafting for the Marital Deduction, 1993, 1996; Orphans’ Court Litigation, 1997. Executive Board, 1984-1998, President, 1990-1991 and Member, Delaware County Estate Planning Council. Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Cases: Ewing Estate, 26 Fiduc. Rep.2d 153 (O.C. Del. Co. 2006); Yaller Estate, 829 A.2d 371 (Pa. Super. 2003); Yaller Estate, 22 Fiduc. Rep.2d 431 (O.C. Del. Co. 2002); In re Green Trust, 816 A.2d 224 (2003); In re Green Trust, 816 A.2d 1152 (Pa. Super 2001); Brown Trusts, 22 Fiduc. Rep.2d 147 (O.C. Del. Co. 2001); Smyrl Estate, 23 Fiduc. Rep.2d 85 (O.C. Phila 2001); McGirney Estate, 19 Fiduc. Rep.2d 324 (O.C. Del. Co. 1999); Gerlach Will, 9 Fiduc. Rep.2d 325 (O.C. Del. 1989); In Re Estate of Sidlow, 543 A.2d 1143 (Pa. Super. 1988); Estate of Nichols, 509 A.2d 967 (Pa. Cmwlth. 1986); Johnson Estate, 4 Fiduc. Rep.2d 7 (O.C. Ches. Co. 1983); Reagan Estate, 5 Fiduc. Rep.2nd 333 (O.C. Del. Co. 1985; Gerlach Will, 9 Fiduc. Rep.2nd 325 (O.C. Del co. 1989); Downie Estate, 5 Fiduc. Rep.2nd 61 (O.C. Del. Co. 1984); Nichols Estate, 5 Fiduc. Rep. 2nd 158 (O.C., Chester Co. 1985); Estate of Michael K. Nichols, Deceased, 509 A. 2nd 967 (PA Cmwlth 1986); Sheldrake Trust, 25 Fiduc. Rep. 2nd 247; Campbell Estate (No. 1) 2 Fiduc. Rep.3rd 357 (O.C. Mont. Co. 2010); Campbell Estate (No.2) 2 Fiduc. Rep. 3rd 369 (O.C. Mont. Co. 2012).
Martindale Hubbell AV Rating (highest rating); Best Lawyers in America 2001 -; Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2005 -; Philadelphia’s Best Lawyers 2009 -; Five Star Wealth Manager (Philadelphia Magazine) 2011
- February 2012, Delaware County Estate Planning Council, Trust Mils and the Internet – Sometimes You Get What You Pay For and Sometimes You Pay For What You Got (sic)
- March 2010, Delaware County Bar Association -Panel Member, CLE Seminar, Issues in Litigating and Settling Wrongful Death and Survival Actions
- November 2007, June 2008, October 2008, Delaware County Register of Wills Public Forums – Panel Member (Series of public service presentations related to wills, trusts and estate planning)
- November 2006 Delaware County Bar Association – Speaker – Provisions of the Pennsylvania Uniform Trust Act
- July 2006 Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Panel Member – Statewide Seminar – Litigating in Orphans- Court
- June 2006 Delaware County Bench Bar Conference – Speaker – Updates in the Law of Estates, Trusts and Taxation
- June 2004 Delaware County Bench Bar Conference – Speaker – Updates in the Law of Estates, Trusts and Taxation
- June 2003 Delaware County Bench Bar Conference – Speaker – Updates in the Law of Estates, Trusts and Taxation
- October 2002 Delaware County Bar Association – Speaker – Issues in the Settlement of Wrongful Death and Survival Actions
- July 2002 Delaware County Bar Association – Speaker – Fiduciaries Commissions and Counsel Fees in Estates and Trusts
- September 2001 Delaware County Estate Planning Council – Speaker – Impact of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001
- June 2001 Delaware County Bench Bar Conference – Speaker – Updates in the Law of Estates, Trusts and Taxation
- May 2001 Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Faculty Member – Statewide Seminar – Drafting Estate Planning Documents
- May 1999 Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Faculty Member – Statewide Seminar – Drafting Estate Planning Documents
- June 1998 Delaware County Bench Bar Conference – Speaker – Updates in the Law of Estates, Trusts and Taxation.
- October 1997 Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Panel Member – Statewide Seminar – Litigating in Orphans’ Court
- November 1996 Delaware County Estate Planning Council Workshop Seminar – Update in the Law – Recent Issues in Estate Planning and Administration.
Delaware County Community Foundation, Board of Advisors 2008-2009, Board of Directors 2009 -, Vice Chairman 2010 -; Crozer Chester Foundation Planned/Deferred Giving Committee 1997-1999; St. Pauls Lutheran Church 1999 -; Philadelphia Orchestra Association 1994 -;Temple Lutheran Church, Church Council 1980-1986, 1992-1995, Finance Chairman 1981-1986, Mutual Ministry 1988-1990; Hilltop Babe Ruth Baseball, coach 1996; Drexel Hill AA Basketball, coach 1994-1996; Marple Tigers AA Football, coach 1992-1995; Haverford Heat Soccer Team, coach 1989-1992; Montgomery County Home Health Aid Services, Board of Trustees 1978-1980